- Another hybrid from the latest generation of medium-late AS hybrids, intended for record-breaking yields of kernel. Considering that it is a later hybrid moisture releasing speed is moderate, meaning that if harvesting is done in kernel, it should be done when moisture drops to satisfactory levels. Otherwise hybrid is more then suitable for harvesting directly in ears.
- It is distinguished with high and healthy plant, medium ear position, very firm stalk and root, so it can stay longer in field without danger of lodging and breaking.
- The hybrid has very solid resistance towards the corn borer (Ostrinia nubilalis) and also the ear diseases. This means that ears are easy to store and preserve.
- As with AS 5m43, ear uniformity, no barren plants, large kernels, and thin corncob are the secrets of yield potential and stability.
- Thin corncob, around 15%, with firmly embedded kernels means that there are no losses during late picking.
- Recommended for growing in all agro-ecological conditions suitable for maize cultivation. Optimal sowing density in regular conditions should be 60.000 to 65.000 plants per hectare, or 22 do 24 cm in row distance.
The recommended sowing density in poorer conditions is from 65.000 to 67.000 plants/ha, in optimal conditions from 67.000 to 71.000 plants/ha and under irrigation conditions from 72.000 to 75.000 plants/ha.